This piece was written for the Six Sentence Challenge, with the prompt word of ‘mundane’.
- Bert Mundane, lead singer of Nirvana tribute band, Smells Like Green Vomit. Married to Courtney Act.
- Like, social media posts by, like, anyone with a vocabulary of, like, less than, like, 100 words (including, like, abbreviations and emojis) and who, like, has a Masters Degrees in, like, Eye-Rolling, Door Slamming and, like, Derr.
- Made famous by Bob Geldof’s hit, ‘I Don’t Like Mundanes’, lifestyle of people with jobs, mortgages, 1.8 children, 0.5 dogs, 0.7 cats, weeds invading their lawn, neighbours who start their leaf-blowers at 7 a.m. on Sundays, cars that they hope will last them another couple of years, and who pay taxes and vote.
- Mun-Dane – A particularly boring person from Denmark, derived from the Old Norse word ‘mun’, meaning ‘about as exciting as watching reindeers thinking’.
- A condition that can lead to mundanity, a form of dementia that manifests itself in victims going grey, constantly losing their glasses, wearing a lot of beige, buying a recliner chair and yelling at the television.
- Early English version of MoonDay (later Monday), still celebrated today by intoxicated young men sharing their assets from the windows of moving vehicles.